[K12OSN] No sound in Flash 9

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon May 28 13:11:27 UTC 2007

Hi Robert,

Flash 9 sound will work " out of the box " with the two following files:

flash-plugin-9.0.31.0-release.i386.rpm
libflashsupport-0.1.0.2098.i386.rpm

( On 32 bit k12ltsp, not sure about 64 bit)

Flash will work on both the default firefox installed with fc5 & fc6 &
Firefox 2.0.0.2 which we are now using, without a hitch.
If you do not get sound:

Make sure you do the ol'
' mkdir /tmp/.esd '
&
' touch /tmp/.esd/socket '
,,in a terminal.

close Firefox & reopen Firefox,will get you Flash (9) sound.

if you still do not get sound.

Google for these rpm's. If you can not find them I can post them on our
ftp site so you can down them if need be.
This will get you away from having to do the command line voodoo with
Firefox.

Take care,

Barry Cisna