[K12OSN] sudden appearance of grey X

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Tue May 29 00:26:13 UTC 2007

I had something similar happen on a Windows machine running TightVNC.
Connections would fail with an error something like "lost connection to
the server" and it turned out to be a problem with the video drivers on
the server.  Once I installed the correct video drivers, it all worked.
It didn't make sense to me then, and still doesn't, but that's what
happenned.

-Rob