[K12OSN] RE: OT - Web based appliance

Gavin Spurgeon gsp at leighctc.kent.sch.uk
Tue May 1 09:11:25 UTC 2007

> It looks like Sun's Global Desktop (tarantella) has now become
> opensource:)  Is anyone using this???

SSGD (http://www.sun.com/software/products/sgd/index.jsp)
is brilliant, Yes we do use it.. I have quite a large install
of SSGD also with Sun's SunRay Services.. But SGD give me
total Integration with *nix/Windoze and if you are really interested
in this type of solution you could look @
http://www.sun.com/download/products.xml?id=45cbdfb5
and http://wiki.sun-rays.org/index.php/VDA_Cookbook

If you like I could setup a Demo for you to use Live On-Line
(Contact Me Off-List, if anyone is interested, If I get enough interest I
will
setup a Sandbox SGD install and post on the list how to access it..)

Best Regards

Gavin Spurgeon
Assistant Systems Administrator
Leigh City Technology College