[K12OSN] yum update and etc/k12ltsp-release

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Fri May 4 17:12:00 UTC 2007

John Baillie wrote:
> Here is my embarrasingly simple question.  I loaded ver 5 then ran yum
> update. But etc/k12ltsp-release still reflects ver 5.x  If I am now
> runnning Ver 6 what would be the best way to determine the version under
> these circumstances?

If /etc/k12ltsp-release says version 5, than you're running version 5.

Maybe I don't understand what you're asking here. Yum update will
perform updates within a certain release. It will not upgrade you
between releases, though it can be made to do so by installing the
k12ltsp-release from a newer release.

This can have mixed results. Getting the new ISOs and upgrading through
the installer is the preferred upgrade method.

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services