[K12OSN] Data Storage - Redundancy and Backup Suggestions

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Fri May 4 21:37:46 UTC 2007

I'm currently using rsnapshot and I like it because you only do one full
backup, then the rest are incremental.
It's very efficient in its use of space--any file that is unchanged from
yesterday's backup gets hard linked in today's backup.  It doesn't do
pooling, though.  If you rename a large directory tree--rsnapshot thinks
that the old directory is gone, and a new directory showed up, so that
directory tree gets backed up twice in that case.

-Rob