Re: [K12OSN] Help: System intrusion through ssh and a weak password

Op 5-mei-2007, om 8:53 heeft Nadav Kavalerchik het volgende geschreven:

we're using freenx through ssh to remote control all the school that are installed with ltsp

what we did is moved the ssh port somewhere high in the port list, it solved all the "scanning" and trying to "break in" log entries that we used to see in the log file :-)

(i wonder how long it will last)

I like to setup SSH keys, disable PasswordAuthentication and install something like Fail2Ban or DenyHosts. That should keep them out and keep your logs from growing like mad.

Nils Breunese.