Re: [K12OSN] Help: System intrusion through ssh and a weak password

yes it is :-) this is what we did (maybe i didn't explain myself clear enough)

On 5/5/07, Micha Silver <micha arava co il > wrote:
Nadav Kavalerchik wrote:

> we're using freenx through ssh to remote control all the school that
> are installed with ltsp
>
> what we did is moved the ssh port somewhere high in the port list, it
> solved all the "scanning" and trying to "break in" log entries that we
> used to see in the log file :-)

Isn't it wisest to choose an alternate port for ssh from the range <1023
? since only the root user can manipulate ports in the "assigned ports"
range.
Thanks,
Micha