[K12OSN] smbldap user creation home directory problems

David Whitmer thewhitmers at gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:31:58 UTC 2007

Regarding your ".dmrc file..." error message, I found the following
information in my notes from this list from fall 2006.  I think I had
this problem then, too, and I think this solution worked for me.  Of
course, YMMV.  :)

Try modifying /etc/gdm/custom.conf and adding the following line under
the [security] section:
RelaxPermissions=1

David Whitmer
Director of Media & Technology