[K12OSN] System76

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Tue May 8 15:49:36 UTC 2007

Daniel Bodanske wrote:
> I ordered a new computer from the local shop last week. I went all
> Intel specifically because the drivers were in the kernel and I
> wouldn't have to mess around with anything. I gave the tech a list of
> specific, well-supported chips.
>
> I picked it up last night, went to install Ubuntu 7.04, and found he'd
> slipped a crap Marvel wireless card in instead of the Intel Pro I had
> ordered.
>
> Sometimes, even when you research and plan, you still can't get things
> to work.

Talk to the System76 guys.  They should be able to make it right.  Two
of the guys from there were here in Sevilla, Spain for the Ubuntu
developer summit this week.  They're good guys, and I'm guessing it was
just an honest mistake made by someone.

Didn't that system come with Feisty pre-loaded?

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org