[K12OSN] Looking to gather and maybe graph logon stats (Re:Just about ready to make a purchase)

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Thu May 10 16:36:21 UTC 2007

Hello,
I've been following Jim K's thread on purchasing a new server.
Re: [K12OSN] Just about ready to make a purchase

It got me thinking about gathering some stats on our concurrent usage.

I've imported a few syslogs into a spread sheet but this isn't the way
to go about this ;-)

Can anyone suggest a tool for analyzing my syslogs so I can get this data?

Jim - We have been using two servers for k12ltsp both are 2 year old
dual Xeon with 4GB Ram and /home mounted from a 3rd server.  Performance
has been outstanding. IMHO - Having two servers is mandatory for mission
critical.
I had to take one off line and we were still able to work with only one,
albeit it was pretty poky but usable!

my .02
John