[K12OSN] 5.0.0EL extra repositories

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Thu May 10 20:48:52 UTC 2007

I've attached a tar file of my entire /etc/yum.repos.d directory, but
here is the text of the repositories I think should be added to K12LTSP
5.0.0EL

Some of the kbsing... repos are currently empty.  The CentOS 4 repos all
have stuff in them, so I assume the CentOS 5 repos will have more in
them soon.  These repos are maintained by the lead maintainer of CentOS.

The rpmforge repo can be set up automatically by downloading and
installing an rpm from http://rpmforge.net/  Hmm, the website doesn't
show RHEL5 as a supported distro, but it did when I set it up.  I guess
things there are still changing.  Anyway, I used rpmforge to install
wine on my system.

-Rob

cat kbsingh-CentOS-Extras.repo
# All new packages are now released to the testing repository first
# and only moved into Stable after a period of time
# Note: The testing repository is disabled by default

[kbs-CentOS-Extras]
name=CentOS.Karan.Org-EL$releasever - Stable
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://centos.karan.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-karan.org.txt
enabled=0
baseurl=http://centos.karan.org/el$releasever/extras/stable/$basearch/RPMS/

[kbs-CentOS-Testing]
name=CentOS.Karan.Org-EL$releasever - Testing
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://centos.karan.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-karan.org.txt
enabled=0
baseurl=http://centos.karan.org/el$releasever/extras/testing/$basearch/RPMS/

cat kbsingh-CentOS-Misc.repo
[kbs-CentOS-Misc]
name=CentOS.Karan.Org-EL$releasever - Stable
gpgkey=http://centos.karan.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-karan.org.txt
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
baseurl=http://centos.karan.org/el$releasever/misc/stable/$basearch/RPMS/
# Need a ftp mirror ? Uncomment the line below and comment the line
# above
# baseurl=ftp://rpm.karan.org/pub/kbsingh/el$releasever/misc/stable/$basearch/RPMS/

[kbs-CentOS-Misc-Testing]
name=CentOS.Karan.Org-EL$releasever - Testing
gpgkey=http://centos.karan.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-karan.org.txt
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
baseurl=http://centos.karan.org/el$releasever/misc/testing/i386/RPMS/
# Ned a ftp mirror ? Uncomment the line below and comment the line above
# baseurl=ftp://rpm.karan.org/pub/kbsingh/el$releasever/misc/testing/$basearch/RPMS/

cat rpmforge.repo
# Name: RPMforge RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise 5 - dag
[rpmforge]
name = Red Hat Enterprise $releasever - RPMforge.net - dag
#baseurl = http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/$basearch/dag
mirrorlist = http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/mirrors-rpmforge
#mirrorlist = file:///etc/yum.repos.d/mirrors-rpmforge
enabled = 0
protect = 0
gpgkey = file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmforge-dag
gpgcheck = 1