[K12OSN] Windows Apps in Linux

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Fri May 11 00:38:52 UTC 2007

I've had bad luck with wine in the past, but in the past year I've had a
lot more success with it.  Specifically, I got some windows-only
inventory management software running for the company I work for (it's
called MAS 200).  The latest version is 0.9.36, so see if you can get a
hold of that version to try out.  It's free, so it's probably worth your
while.

If your application doesn't install properly, try changing the
version of windows that wine emulates.  This is done with the winecfg
gui.  Recently when installing Acrobat reader (the windows version was
required for MAS 200 to install), I found that version 6 would only
install when wine was emulating win98, but after the installation it would only run when wine was emulating win2000.

-Rob