[K12OSN] vmware on k12ltspel5

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri May 11 16:13:56 UTC 2007

Paul VanGundy wrote:
> Les,
>
> Were you able to successfully install VMware without any errors? I had
> to get the vmware-any-any-update108.tar.gz, decompress it and run
> runme.pl from that. It fixed my problems on both FC6 and CentOS 4.4.

Yes, I only had the one error.  I think the VMware-server-1.0.3-44356
build incorporates at least some of the vmware-any patches.  I've never
had any trouble under CentOS or the CentOS-based k12ltsp before,
although I have needed the patch for fedora. The libpng issue seems to
have something to do with version detection and some other system
libraries but I'm not sure exactly what.

--
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com