[K12OSN] OT: scripting help

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue May 15 23:09:27 UTC 2007

Peter Scheie wrote:
> I'm no python wizard, but it seems to me that problem is that strftime
> is a  string formatting method, and you want to add an integer to that
> string, which doesn't make sense to python.  But there might be some
> other time function you could use in place of that line.

If strftime is anything like it's C counterpart, it works in localtime
anyway so all you have to do is export an appropriate TZ setting in the
environment before running.
If you are running a command line program you can just put the
assignment ahead of the command like:

TZ=EST5EDT date
TZ=CST6CDT date

But, shouldn't ical items be in UTC?