[K12OSN] LDAP and Password Expiry

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Mon May 21 13:32:14 UTC 2007

Hello all,
    I've got a  machine set up with Matt's SMB-LDAP script serving as a
PDC for my windows clients and the LDAP authentication server for  my
Linux boxes.  Everything works as expected on the Windows side, but the
password expiry doesn't seem to work on the Linux side.  Users get no
notification that their password is about to expire.  In fact, they get
no notification that their password has expired, and are even allowed to
log into the Linux desktop with the expired password.  When they try to
access an NFS or SMB share they're denied access, but with no indication
that it's an expiry issue.  Is there a way to get a more uniform
behavior between the two systems?  I would appreciate any feedback.

--

C-ya,
Mark