[K12OSN] SDL - unable to initialize video errors

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Mon May 21 17:48:03 UTC 2007

Carl Keil wrote:
> So, what's the best solution?  Do I need to yum remove that and install an
> older one from RPM?  Is there a "yum way" to do that?  Should I file a bug
> with the SDL people?  (Whoever they are?)  Man, it would be really cool if
> there was a "yum downgrade foopackage" command.

AFAIK, the yum developers believe there is no universally safe way to
downgrade RPMs (specifically, backing out scripted actions).

You can get most of the way there with:

rpm -e --nodeps SDL
yum --disablerepo fedora-updates install SDL

Disabling the fedora-updates repo will give you the version that shipped
with the initial FC-5 release.

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services