Re: [K12OSN] Microclient Jr and LTSP 5

Theo,

At this point, we cannot recommend using the e2300 (or similar) thin clients with LTSP-5. If you want to use LTSP-4.2, or K12LTSP, then you should be fine.

We're working on boot speed, but we don't have anything to release yet.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org

Theo Jaspers wrote:
Hi there,

I wonder if there is a solution in the running regarding the slow
startups of the Microclient Jr or simular TU200 sytem from ewayco. The
thin client boots in less than a minute on LTSP 4.2 (K12LTSP 6) and in
5 minutes on the new edubuntu...I am sure everybody using these thin
clients would like to upgrade this summer to LTSP 5.

Thank you,
Theo Jaspers
BRUSSELS-BELGIUM