[K12OSN] Building a Print server

Jeremy Schubert jeremy.schubert at cssd.ab.ca
Thu May 24 23:32:36 UTC 2007

Henry, I will be connecting four lab printers up to the Fedora print server I'm creating.  About 150 users.  What would be the minimum RAM I should have for my server?  Also, you say that you script your Windows clients to connect to the printers during login.  Is that just with a basic batch or vbscript that connects the user to a printer share?  Or do you setup a local ip port for the printer on the client machine?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy Schubert
Cell: 403-510-2872 Voice: 403-252-7541 (Ext 392) Fax: 403-640-0116 jeremy.schubert at cssd.ab.ca <mailto:jeremy.schubert at cssd.ab.ca>