[K12OSN] my 1st k12ltsp system

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Fri May 25 01:16:36 UTC 2007

I'm not in front of a K12LTSP system right now, so this is from memory.
Forgive me if I miss some details...

Go to System, Administration, Network and see if both NICs come up in
the list.  If they do, see if you can enable the one that's currently
disabled.  You'll want one NIC to be set to DHCP, and one set to Static.
The static one is the one that will connect to your thin clients, and
the DHCP one will connect to the school's network.

Here's where it
might be confusing:  the static NIC will be *serving* DHCP to the thin
clients.  That configuration is done elsewhere, but keep it in mind.
There's a text file somewhere that specifies which NIC serves DHCP.
Maybe someone else on the list can remember the name and location.

If you don't have both NICs shown in the step above, go to a command
line and type:

lspci | grep controller

The lspci command shows information for many system devices, and the |
grep controller part of the command means "only show lines that contain
the word controller" (which is likely to be your network cards).  Post
here the information you get from that command, or search google for the
make/model number obtained from the lspci command, combined with the
words "linux" or "module" or "help me!" or something similar.

Good luck.

-Rob