[K12OSN] Client Ram

Daniel Bodanske daengbo at gmail.com
Fri May 25 04:51:26 UTC 2007

So Firefox stores pixmaps uncompressed in the X server cache.
Unbelievable. Is it Firefox or Gecko? Does Seamonkey suffer the same
limitation. Could you move to Epiphany? Wow.

I began to get scared a few years ago when so many new desktop
applications started to get written for Linux. So many of them
wouldn't work over the network. I got worried that LTSP might become
non-viable some day when all the standard apps needed local resources.
Once Freedesktop.org was started and picked up momentum with Jim as
one of the founding members, I calmed down, but I guess I shouldn't
have. Firefox seems to follow it's own rules all the time, anyway.

Dan