[K12OSN] off-topic (library catalogue software)

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Thu May 31 23:10:21 UTC 2007

Will,

This should help you...

Koha mailing list
Koha at lists.katipo.co.nz

the people on the koha support mailing list(just like K12OSN)
are the developers and maintainers of Koha...and they helped me and tons
of others with getting it setup and installed(it isn't the most
intuitive)...there is also commercial support(LibLime...who acquired
Katipo this year..they did my MARC21 translating and importing from our
old Follett backups for a nominal fee).

Not sure of how the windows package works...
but on the linux side you must start the z39.50 service first via a
script and then you can begin utilizing the juiciness that is z39.50 to
import those lovely biblios from the library of congress and other
z39.50 servers.

--Huck