[K12OSN] auto-login with K12LTSP 6

Hung Phan phanh at canby.k12.or.us
Tue Nov 6 20:09:43 UTC 2007

Hello, folks

We try to setup auto-login for oaks testing user on K12LTSP. Under
System --> Administration --> Login Screen --> Security, we enable
automatic login & timed login but no user shows to be selected. How
can we setup K12LTSP thin-clients to auto-login with the same user
account?

Thank you,

PS: found this http://www.k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/
A_more_complete_How-
To_for_setting_up_autologin_of_clients_using_Gnome_&_GDM#Steps_for_K12LT
SP_6_only. With mostly reusable equipments for this lab, replacing
systems will happen frequent. How do we do auto-login without system
MAC address and specific IP assign?

Thank you for your advice,