[K12OSN] smbldap and webmin on Debian

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Thu Nov 8 02:54:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 09:03:04PM +0200, Asmo Koskinen wrote:
> Rob Owens kirjoitti:
> >I think I must be missing some important settings in the "LDAP users and
> >groups" module configuration.
>
> No, I'm not using, but my last post include this link - did you not read it?
>
> "15. Configure LDAP Users and Groups Webmin Module on ldap server for
> administration (unecessary lines omitted, leave at default)"
>
> "16. Configure LDAP Client Webmin Module on ldap server"
>
> http://www.1-cs.com/ubuntu_ldap_howto.txt

Thanks, I got it working.  I had to tweak some things to my specific setup ("Users" instead of "people" and things like that).  I also have to customize it to get some of my samba stuff in there.  Basically I need to get webmin to behave exactly as the smbldap-useradd command does.

I came across this post by Jim K and I'll be reviewing it over the next few days.  http://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2006-July/msg00049.html  It looks like it's got some useful info regarding the samba settings.

-Rob