[K12OSN] The best of two worlds

Morten Gausland morten at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 14:53:18 UTC 2007

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably try to do a complete fedora 6 installation
with 1 fileserver/ldap etc., and the K12LTSP on a separate server. Before
deleting my skolelinux installation from my 2 servers, I'd like to play
around with it some. I need an advice:

I have a neoware c50, that "just works" on a K12LTSP fresh installation,
with no changes made. When I try the same client on skolelinux (debian edu)
it does not work (screen goes into "sleep" mode just when loginscreen is
supposed to come up). I have attached:

Skolelinux.txt -> syslog when trying to boot on debian
K12LTSP.txt -> syslog when booting (successfully) on the K12LTSP

Some of the messages displayed when booting:

PXELINUX 3.31 Debian-2007-03-09 ...
ACPI: Unable to locate RSDP
FATAL! Error inserting fan
(/lib/modules/2.6.18-4-486/kernel/drivers/fan.ko) no such device
FATAL! Error inserting thermal
(/lib/modules/2.6.18-4-486/kernel/drivers/thermal.ko) no such device ...
WARNING: /var/cache/man does not exist
WARNING: /etc/hotplug/.run does not exist
WARNING: /var/lib/nfs does not exist
WARNING: /etc/X11/XF86-Config-4 does not exist ...
detected XORG server
/usr/sbin/kudzu NOT found
/usr/sbin/detect NOT found
INIT: entering runlevel 2
had no useful feedback. I tried using the same lts.conf on debian as I have
on fedora, with no change.

Thanks in advance.

Morten