[K12OSN] cannot set rootpath on LTSP5

Adam Drake ja_drake at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 21:25:35 UTC 2007

I have Edubuntu installed, running LTSP5. I can get a couple of
laptops booting PXE to connect without any problems at all - I get the
correct desktop with logins etc.

When trying to connect my IBM Netvista N2200 thin clients, however, I get problems.

The 2200 will pick up an IP from the DHCP server, and download the
kernel via TFTP. It will then boot on the 2200 and then hang when
trying to use NFS. The screen tells me that there is no rootpath
defined ("rootpath=").

I have read a number of articles about the odd rootpath definitions on
LTSP5, but cannot find a way to define it so that it is correctly
picked up by my thin client.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Adam