[K12OSN] SATA driver for K12LTSP 6, help needed.

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 09:42:48 UTC 2007

On 19/11/2007, Dagfinn Stangeland <jodgipost at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dunno if I'm to cry or laugh, but the installer doesn't recognize the
> ethernet interface on the mainboard.
> So it's the same dance with driver request during the installation.
> At least now I know how to set up NFS share ;)

I like your spirit of finding positives. It can be pretty frustrating
to have this happen.

> Maybe some of you have ideas to get the optical drive to work?
> When it works up until that point, there must be some way to force it to
> work in the same manner from that point on...?

Shooting in the dark but...
Try external (USB) optical drive?
Try setting SATA BIOS settings to legacy
Try "linux noapic nolapic acpi=off" as CD boot option
Try plonking in another ethernet card and start off from there....

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar