[K12OSN] LTSP in libraries - HELP!

Jim Anderson gotthin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 22:27:19 UTC 2007

Thanks for your input, Mel.  I've had some experience with Citrix in
the past... not a whole lot though.  It worked well but I guess if I
could I would go for a Linux solution for a number of reasons, some
practical and others philosophical.  I think Linux solutions for
libraries could be a good business for someone.  I may be in a
position to help kickstart that while providing a viable solution for
my library.  We may have the budget now for a slew of new computers
and software licenses, but I see this as an anomoly brought about by
our expansion.  Will we have the funds in 4 or 5 years to upgrade all
these new computers again?  I think not, which is why I'm looking at
thin clients... andLinux-based ones at that.

Jim