[K12OSN] cran.r-project \How do I resolve the symbol BC in readline.so.5

Paul Karrel pkarrel at trentu.ca
Tue Nov 27 21:06:19 UTC 2007

Hi
I am requesting assistance installing R-2.6.8.2.fc7.x86_64(a statistical package). I used the command rpm -i --test R-2.6.8.2.fc7.x86_64  there were no errors so I issued the command yum install   R-2.6.8.2.fc7.x86_64 there was a warning  about nokey but the software was installed. When I try to use the software the error mesasge is  libreadline.so.5 symbol lookup error undefined symbol: BC.  Where might I find some info. A google has one hit but no answer on how to repair>. I  searched the K-12 Linux wiki but there was no hits. I have ncurses installed and it's libraries. I am using repositories  from a k12ltsp 6.0.0-64 install.
How do I resolve the symbol BC in readline?.so.5

Paul Karrel
Trent University