[K12OSN] nic bonding anyone using it in k12ltsp labs

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 03:57:04 UTC 2007

Been using it for year and half i guess.  It's been good.  Bonding 4
gig nics. Once and a while, about every 4 months we'll have an
inexplicable grey X for 10 minutes, but I'm not sure I can blame it on
the bonding.  If you had 4 nic card I would  bond 3.  Compared to
serving X, the demands of web browsing aren't much.    I don't know
about the 4 nic card vs. 4 nics scenario.  Probably just a difference
in $.  I wonder if all switches aren't created equally in this
department?

Peter