[K12OSN] Script question

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Fri Nov 2 18:08:21 UTC 2007

Hello, all.

First, as an off-topic item, congratulations to Eric, Scott, Francis, and
Stephen., for their work on local apps.  Most excellent!

Now, my question:

I've created a script that gives a user the ability to do certain tasks.  The
user is brought right to the menu at login by adding a reference to the
script in .bash_profile.  One of the menu options is to exit the menu.  Right
now, that simpy dumps the user back to his shell prompt.  What I'd like it to
do is to log the user out of the system.  I've tried coming up with
something, and have googled, but can't seem to come up with the solution. Is
it possible?  If so, can anyone help?

With thanks,

Dimitri

believed to be clean.