[K12OSN] Cable Problem?

Fajar Adianto adiantof at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 19:27:45 UTC 2007

I build my LTSP network consists 1 server and 10 clients.7 clients work
fine, but the rest failed. Sometimes the hung upon searching DHCP server,
sometimes when they start begin downloading kernel. All the three use
RTL8139C lan cards, while the others use other various type. I used DLink
swicth hub.
However when I try to move one of the three client PC to connect it to
another LAN cable end (the shorter cable used to be connected to one of the
seven), it work smoothly. So up here I concluded the it were cable problem.
I have tested the failed cables with cable tester, it showed that the cables
were fine. What might be wrong? Is there any requirements on cable or lan
card used in LTSP?

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fajar.