[K12OSN] K12LTSP 5.1EL & 8, official Fedora packages

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Nov 9 05:28:44 UTC 2007

Thank you all for not giving me too hard of a time for being so quiet
for so long.

Behind the scenes, a lot has been goin' on.

First, and foremost, you can expect beta builds of K12LTSP 5.1EL and 8.0
  in the near future. These are not going to be anything fancy, just
straight updates based on the soon-to-be/just released CentOS 5.1 &
Fedora 8. Both of these will continue to use the tried & true LTSP 4.2.

But that's pretty boring. The real fun stuff is what has been cookin' in
the background.

The "next generation" of K12LTSP is quickly coming together nicely. I
hope that beta-quality packages will be available for Fedora 8 by the
end of the year (under promise, over deliver).

I'd write about the details, but Warren has done a great job on his
blog, so I'll take the lazy route and just link to him ;-)

	http://wtogami.livejournal.com/19365.html
	http://wtogami.livejournal.com/19485.html
	http://wtogami.livejournal.com/20047.html

And for various other goodies about last week's LTSP developer work,
take a look at Scott Balneaves' blog:

	http://ltspthinclient.blogspot.com/

-Eric