[K12OSN] Anyone got Gutsy Gibbon authenticating against LDAP

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Mon Nov 12 15:44:05 UTC 2007

I've been trying for the last couple of days to get a new Edubuntu install to authenticate against
our LDAP server setup by the smbldap-installer script.

It all seems to work but using

$ ./smbldap ldapclient

but when I do a reboot it takes a really long time to restart.

Reading on the web I think that it's trying to access the ldap stuff BEFORE eth0 is pulled up hence
no connection.

Has anyone got any advice, as all I've been able to do so far is to lock myself out the box yet
again :-)

Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College