[K12OSN] SATA driver for K12LTSP 6, help needed.

David H. Barr dhbarr at gozelle.com
Mon Nov 19 12:37:49 UTC 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 4:19 AM, Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il> wrote:

> Dagfinn Stangeland wrote:
>
> > Dunno if I'm to cry or laugh, but the installer doesn't recognize the
> > ethernet interface on the mainboard.
> That's weird. There's hardly an ethernet card out there that linux
> doesn't recognize today. Are you up to trying a knoppix live CD again,
> to check how the card is identified?

I'm guessing the board in question here is the ASUS P5K-V?  If so, we
may be looking at
  Intel G33 chipset
    G33 Northbridge
    ICH9 Southbridge
  Video is Intel GMA 3000
  SATA/PATA controller is JMicron JMB363
  Firewire is VIA VT6308P
  Audio is Realtek ALC883, and
  LAN is ¿Attansic? atl1
Take all that with several grains of salt, since a) I'm not sure I've
got the right board and b) I don't have one in-hand.

HTH,
-dhbarr.