[K12OSN] upgrade openoffice

Edwardson e.pedragosa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 04:46:19 UTC 2007

Hi TP and John, Thanks for the responses and manage to install firefox,
installing openoffice 2.3 now, will test later. Regards, Edward Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:16:02 -0500 From: "Terrell Prud? Jr."
<microman at cmosnetworks.com> Subject: Re: [K12OSN] upgrade openoffice To:
"Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
several times. My method requires the use of the command line, but it
has always worked pretty well for me. Basically, you simply download and
un-targz the tarball from www.openoffice.org, and you get a
subdirectory. In that subdirectory will live a bunch of rpm files.
Change to that directory and (as root!) do the following: rpm -Uvh *.rpm
This will take a while to finish. There will also be a directory called
"desktop-integration". That contains all your icon/menu stuff for the
new OO.o version that you're installing. Change to that directory and do
this: rpm -Uvh openoffice.org-redhat-menus-<WhateverVersionIsThere>.rpm
Have everybody log out and log back in, and you should be in business.
--TP _______________________________ Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate