[K12OSN] nic bonding anyone using it in k12ltsp labs

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Thu Nov 29 03:23:53 UTC 2007

Hello List,

Just wondering if anyone at current is running any k12ltsp labs with nic
bonded nics? If so what if any is the actual performance boost? There are
a few how to's out now that makes nic bonding seem pretty reliable. It
seems you would bound to benefit some with " more pipes":) I'm not enough
of a numbers cruncher/ bean counter to figure were the actual bottleneck
lies as far as bus/pci speed etc. Would there be any disadvantages of
using a quad nic versus two or four nics for example? I thought if a
person plopped in a quad nic into a server you could use two holes for
eth0 and two holes for eth1. I've always wanted to toy around with this
but it seems your better off finding what happens from actual past users
of this kinda stuff.

Thanks,

Barry Cisna
westcentral school