[K12OSN] smbldap and webmin - "modifications require authentication"

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Thu Oct 4 11:54:16 UTC 2007

I did an installation of Feisty server and ran the smbldap script.  I logged into webmin as my local root user, and attempted to add an LDAP user.  I got this error message:

Failed to save user : Failed to add user to LDAP database : modifications require authentication

I suspect that I have something mis-configured in webmin.  (I actually didn't do any configuration -- just used the default settings).  Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to properly add an LDAP user?

Thanks

-Rob