[K12OSN] How to DRASTICALLY speed up app response on K12LTSP

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Oct 5 21:01:43 UTC 2007

> I have not tested my assumption but I don't think the AS scheduler is
> what you want on an lstp server. AS is best for a single desktop.
> Wikipedia explains it better than I can

It looks like Edubuntu defaults to Deadline, here is my output:

jim at ltsp:~$ dmesg | grep scheduler
[    1.940498] io scheduler noop registered
[    1.940500] io scheduler anticipatory registered
[    1.940502] io scheduler deadline registered (default)
[    1.940545] io scheduler cfq registered

How do I switch?