[K12OSN] Re: Setting up a Managed Switch

pogson robert.pogson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 16:43:28 UTC 2007

CS wrote:"Any further tweaks I can try to speed up the boot times?"

Try getting rid of "spanning-tree" checks. You are very unlikely to have
network loops in your own lab. Some switches take 30s to do the checks
in which time you are growing older. Some bootloaders get tired after
10s of waiting and give up. That killed me once. I was booting
ThinStation CDs and they had a 10s timeout whereupon the techies
installed new switches and the whole lab could not boot....

Robert Pogson