[K12OSN] Authenticating Edubuntu 7.04 LTSP Clients from SMBLDAP Server

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Tue Oct 9 16:50:55 UTC 2007

Aloha Y'all

Has anyone had documented success authenticating Edubuntu 7.04 ltsp
clients off of a smbldap server?  If so, would you share it.  I have
scoured and searched, and I have found various pieces of good
information linked below.  No two how-tos are the same, and I am left
with a few questions

1.  For the clients to authenticate from the smbldap server, do I need
to make the changes in the server's /etc or /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/ directory?

2. Is authtool supposed to work, because it does not.

Any insight would make the sun shine brighter here.

--scott