[K12OSN] LTSP5

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Oct 12 18:23:00 UTC 2007

I'm with you, Peter.  My current one at home runs K12LTSP 4.2EL.  Why
not 5.0?  Because it still works, and it's rock-solid.  All I do is
update OpenOffice.org to the latest version (OO.o provides both RPM's
and DEB's), and then I might as well be running CentOS 5 anyway, for my
purposes.  Yum Update takes care of the rest.

"If it ain't broke yet, no need to fix it."

That said, new deployments do get 5.0EL, and that's what I demo, since
that's the latest EL version.

ERIC, U R DA MAN!

--TP