[K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Fwd: Unsupported Crossover (Wine) app installed in managed mode only runs as root.

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 02:43:56 UTC 2007

Update:
I put esd as the sound driver for Crossover.
As a result:
Root works fine on the thin clients with sound.
The local user with administrative rights that was created at
installation time works fine with sound.
However:
smbldap users don't work at all.
another locally created user doesn't run properly. The program loads
then freezes then works for a short while then freezes again. There is
some sound.

The rights for the main executable are root:root rwxr-xr-x
I tried changing the owner and group of this file and it didn't seem
to make any difference. Local admin user can run it fine as it is.

The only difference I could see between admin user and other local
user is membership of video group, but couldn't find an option to join
that group. Neither admin or local user are members of the audio
group.

Any other clues about what changes could be made to allow other users
to run the program like the local admin user?

I feel we have made progress but we are not sure what to try next. Any
help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Krsnendu dasa