[K12OSN] Script for checking if servers are up

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Thu Oct 18 22:06:35 UTC 2007

Doug,

 Sounds like you are getting pretty geeky with your "server's up/down"
script.
Throwing festival into the picture:) Can you get festival to "emulate"
mm,,, Aretha Franklin, or Bon Jovi ? Anyways, just thought Id throw this
out. I setup OpenNMS a few weeks ago and it sure does a good job of
keeping track of outages on multiple subnets at our school. Wasn't too
difficult to get it rolling either. This may be too heavy for what you are
wanting to do with it,though. There are rpm s avaliable so its pretty easy
setup. You probably "like the challenge" of doing it yourself anyways:)

Take Care,

Barry Cisna
westcentral school