[K12OSN] Ghost Printers

Barry Solof barry at solof.org
Sat Oct 20 17:22:32 UTC 2007

We are running K12ltsp version 5.

The server runs one classroom of 12 terminals.  It ran flawlessly for
months with one deskjet printer connected to a workstation.

When we added another deskjet to another workstation things got a bit
weird.  Long story short, updating the server software fixed all of the
issues but one.

There is a phantom printer that still shows up in our users print dialog
box.  This queue was deleted quite a while ago in the printer
create/delete program (but it does show up as a recently accessed queue).

How do we get rid of the phantom printer/queue?