[K12OSN] Ghostscript - A tough one

Joe Korzeniewski jkorzeni at battle-creek.k12.mi.us
Tue Oct 23 16:09:44 UTC 2007

This isn't as much of a k12ltsp problem as it is a plain old fc6 problem. I am trying to use the foo2hp driver provided here: http://foo2hp.rkkda.com/ but it mentions an issue with the version of ghostscript on FC6 (8.15). Just like it says, I can print B&W but not color. Somehow I need to get a ghostscript on there that is 8.54 or later. I tried building from GS from source, but ghostscript -v still returns the 8.15 as the version. There aren't any updated GS packages in yum and I have tried installing the FC8 package for GS 8.6 and have a huge trail of missing dependencies and conflicts (expected). Just wondering if anybody has any ideas or has been through this before.

Thanks,

-Joe