[K12OSN] smbldap - adding ldap users to local groups

Steven Santos steven at simplycircus.com
Thu Oct 25 04:43:05 UTC 2007

So you are looking for something like IDMAP in SAMBA to map LDAP group names
to local group names, without the numbers needing to match, or more to the
point, the machine being able to say to the LDAP database "I am a
Centros/RedHat/Whatever machine, the correct gid for the FUSE group is...?"
and to get the proper mapping that way.

Now, I don't know LDAP, so I may be shooting in the dark here, but is it
possible to set the machine up to filter the groups it returns, so that it
only retrieves group entries that match the machine type?

  _____

Steven Santos
Director, Simply Circus, Inc.
Email: Steven at SimplyCircus.com