[K12OSN] Client can't get IP

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed Oct 31 16:02:33 UTC 2007

Fajar Adianto wrote:
> Joe,
>
> I don't know what the problem is. One terminal that failed to get IP
> is now succeded to catch the IP reserved to it in dhcpd.conf. But the
> boot process is stop at "loading 192.168.0.254:/lts/vmlinuz
> .ltsp............. .". I didn't do anything.
> I really need any suggestion.
> Here I attach the result captured from wireshark.
>

>From what I read of this, I'm not seeing any replies from 192.168.0.254
in your capture, yet I do see a DHCPDISCOVER followed by the
DHCPREQUEST, and you can't have the latter before the former unless you
really are renewing an existing lease (from the client's perspective).

Am I missing something?

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate