[K12OSN] Block all services: except http

Marco Neves mneves at ccems.pt
Mon Oct 1 11:52:32 UTC 2007

Hi all,

We have a k12ltsp server (version 6.0 ) in our school, with 10 terminals. The terminals are used to produce some openoffice documents and in the majority to surf in the internet. The problem is that the students access the windows shares and another shares in the windows machines (we have passwords in the shares :-) ). How can i block the access to all services except "web access". It can be done with iptables? Our there is another simply way to do it?

The server as two nic´s: one for the network for the terminals (eth0), and another receiving dynamic ip (eth1: this is the nic that gives accesso to the web) from a windows server.

Thanks in advanced.