[K12OSN] mixing IDE and SATA

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon Oct 1 18:23:13 UTC 2007

Depends on what you're doing.  If you're manipulating a lot of data on
/home a lot of the time, then put /home on SATA.  If you're not (my home
server's similar to yours, except I'm doing mirrored IDE), then it's
pretty much a wash.  Just remember to tell your BIOS which one (IDE or
SATA) that you're booting from first!

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus