[K12OSN] Logged out but gone?

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 00:58:41 UTC 2007

Hello,

I hope everyone is well.

I have been running a K12LTSP lab for the past couple of years, and
I've always been able to type in 'last' and see who was logged in, for
how long, and so on.

Recently, with a clean install of the most recent K12LTSP (Ver 6) I've
come across this problem that if the person logs out, or if they
don't, they are recorded as:

user1     ws199.ltsp:0     Mon Oct  1 12:06    gone - no logout

This happens even when I am sure that the person has logged in
correctly.  Previously it only happened when the person's session was
cut off unexpectedly.

Any advice? I usually use the last command to see who hasn't logged
out correctly in order to tell them to do so (they like to just reboot
the clients sometimes!)  but with this error it shows everyone doing
it.

Thank you
Joseph